The Golden Certificate of Creditworthiness
In April 2020, SŽ-Tovorni promet received the Golden Certificate of Creditworthiness, awarded by the well-established international company Bisnode, which operates in 17 European countries.
The Golden Certificate of Creditworthiness is an assessment which the credit rating agencies use to assess the creditworthiness of a company over a longer period of time based on various criteria, where the assessment also consists of assessment of solvency, credit rating, indebtedness, profitability and other criteria of riskiness in doing business with the company.
The Golden Certificate of Creditworthiness stands for an above-average rating value among the companies that demonstrate a credit rating excellence for three years in a row. It is based on financial statements and other dynamic company indicators and predicts an above-average safe and successful performance of the company in the next 12 months.
The Golden Certificate of Creditworthiness proves that SŽ-Tovorni promet is the most reliable, credible and low-risk business entity for cooperation with all business partners: suppliers, customers, insurance companies, banks and other business partners.
The companies with the Golden Certificate of Creditworthiness have above-average business results and meet strict criteria for achieving an extremely low probability of negative events occurring in the next twelve months.
SŽ-Tovorni promet, as a cargo carrier and owner of cargo wagons and locomotives, has obtained an ECM certificate as an entity responsible for maintenance of vehicles in accordance with the relevant EU regulations.
The company is certified to perform three of the four functions required by the EU regulation and its amendment:
- The management function includes supervision and coordination of all maintenance functions and ensures safe condition and operation of cargo wagons in the trans-European rail system.
- The maintenance development function covers the management of maintenance documentation and includes configuration based on project and operational data, including the obtained experience and sharing of experience.
- The primary task of the maintenance management function is to manage the entire fleet in terms of removing a cargo wagon from service to go through maintenance procedures and returning it to service.
For the 4th ECM function: we have a certified contractual partner for the maintenance performance function.
We monitor maintenance with an information system to record all maintenance interventions on the wagons and data about the installed vital components.
AEO – Status of Authorised Economic Operator
SŽ-Tovorni promet is the only rail carrier in Slovenia with the status of Authorised Economic Operator – AEO. This means that we can perform simplified customs procedures. Therefore, we can transport shipments in international traffic even faster, we can offer even better transport services, more logistics services, shorter transport times and lower transport costs across the external borders of the EU.
The AEO certificate holders enjoy the following benefits:
- the authorised economic operators are recognised worldwide as safe and reliable business partners in international trade;
- they will receive a lower risk rating in the risk analysis system;
- physical inspection and document inspection are performed less frequently than with other operators;
- if a physical inspection is scheduled, they have priority over others; various agreements on mutual recognition of AEO statuses between the EU and the partner countries may enable them to speed up the procedure in the third countries as well;
- reduced data requirements in exit and entry summary declarations for AEO certificate holders – protection and security;
- more favourable position in simplified customs procedures.
In 2013, SŽ-Tovorni promet obtained a licence to provide rail cargo services. This license is issued by the licensing authority to the carrier as a recognition of its ability to provide rail transport services as a rail carrier.
Single Safety Certificate
On 29 April 2022, SŽ-Tovorni promet obtained the Single Safety Certificate, which confirms the approval of the rail operator's safety management system, including the provisions, adopted by the rail operator in order to fulfil the special requirements necessary for safe operation in the relevant networks in accordance with Directive (EU) 2016/798 and the applicable national legislation.
By obtaining the Single Safety Certificate, the company SŽ-Tovorni promet, d.o.o. can operate in Slovenia, Austria and Croatia and access the border (interchange) stations of Passau, Gyékényes, Murakeresztúr and Villa Opicina. The obtained Single Safety Certificate is valid for 5 years and has no restrictions.